Stay-At-Home Order Update: The governor has issued a stay at home order for all of Colorado with certain essential services exempted. If you are one of those essential services, so are we. Technology support is exempted from this order when helping support working from home as well as other essential industries.
In an effort to protect ourselves and loved ones from infection, and in keeping with out citizenly duties to help prevent further spread, our services will change in the following ways until the outbreak is contained:
- Remote IT support will continue as always and we will continue delivering world class support to you and your team. We often switch who is in charge of incoming requests, so please use our toll free number 855-44-STRIVE (855-447-8748) when calling, as that will always get you to us most directly.
- Automatic PC cleanups, proactive maintenance, and 24x7 systems monitoring will continue as normal. (If you don’t know what this is, then you are probably not taking advantage of our managed IT services offering. Now would be a good time to consider that. Please call to discuss this.)
- We will be going to extra lengths to resolve as many issues as possible remotely. This may mean we ask a bit extra of you during this time in helping avoid us having to go onsite. Examples of this include unplugging or moving devices to better allow us to troubleshoot, sending pictures so we can see what you are seeing, and plugging in spare equipment if a replacement is needed.
- When onsite work is necessary, we will schedule those visits to occur outside of normal business hours when your office is empty. We will wipe down any equipment we touch before we begin work and again before we leave.
- Technology Success (a.k.a. “Best Practices”) visits will be done remotely. We will contact you if we need specific information about the physical condition of your environment.
- vCIO visits will continue, but will be conducted over video chat instead of in person.